Gutter Cleaning – What is it good for?
Gutters and downpipes help to remove potentially damaging rainwater, quickly and safely away from your property and into a nearby rainwater system.
Over time and in some cases much less than a year, gutters can become blocked with leaf litter from nearby trees, roof moss and also general sludge from your roof covering. This will require periodic emptying of the gutters and possibly the unblocking of the top of the downpipes to allow the rainwater to flow away freely again.
Problems that may occur because of blocked gutters:-
- Damage to fascias and soffits, especially if these are timber
- Damage can occur to wall areas directly beneath the overflow
- Penetrating damp to the inside of your property which can cause the toxic Black Spot Mould to form
- Damage to ground areas where the water is dripping
- Washing away of paths
- Green algae can form on walls and paths
- Water can seep into basement areas
- Foundations can become washed away
- In serious cases the ends of the roof rafters can become rotted away which can lead to the partial collapse of the roof
Modus Cleaning Solutions use a high powered vacuum system with high reach telescopic poles to safely and effectively remove the debris from your gutters.
This also means that as our client you can be sure that you will not be held responsible for a fall from height of someone working on your property.